A M e s s a g e F r o m J o s h . . .
Firstly, I'd love to begin by saying thank you for interest in this opportunity. Who I'm looking for to take this position is someone who is eager to learn more about the world of music, the technicalities of studio prep work and gaining knowledge of composing for film. While this job opening is simply a contract job, I hope to gain a valuable team member and friend to use his/her skills in the world of composing! Laid out below is the job specifications, requirements and some answers to questions you'll probably have. If there is anything you aren't sure about or need more information on, please click the "more information / contact" button, and feel free to inquire about anything you may need too.
Thank you for you interest!
- Sincerely, Josh Stewart
Internship Description: Composer's Assistant: This individual will perform multiple tasks for composer Josh Stewart in both preparatory manor and one-on-one assistance. These tasks could include music session prep (Pro-Tools), Engineering Prep (Studio), file management via remote transfers, hard drive organizations & file exporting to clients.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Applicant must already own a mac computer (laptop or desktop) of their own.
- Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of computer file management, naming, organization, hard drive organization and the process of exporting files via email, WeTransfer & Dropbox.
- Applicant must already own a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, i.e. Logic, Pro Tools) and have a thorough knowledge of how to use the program.
- While not "required", a basic understanding of Pro-Tools audio software would be extremely useful for the applicant.
Preliminary Questions & Answers:
- Will I need to live in the state of Georgia for this internship? - For some of you, unfortunately, Yes. You WILL need to be a current resident in the state of Georgia with a close proximity to the city of Atlanta.
- Will I need to already own / buy my own DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)? - Yes. You will need to already own your own DAW. Pro Tools preferably, but Logic or any DAW will suffice. As long as you have a thorough knowledge of the software, that's what will matter in the long run!
- Is this a paid internship? - Yes.
- Will I be helping write music? - Yes, but not all of the time. This internship will be geared more around the technicalities of files, media and communication with clients. However, music writing is the foundation of what we're doing here. So it's involvement will be prevalent often.